Care for Our Communities
We believe the health of the environment is critical.
As part of our ongoing commitment to social responsibility, LAG conducts its day-to-day business operations by a set of ethical standards and expects the same of its suppliers.
LAG Supplier Code of Conduct
LAG and its suppliers will not:
- Engage in any action or practice in violation of the laws or regulations of any country or other location in which it does business. This includes, but is not limited to, laws and regulations related to labor, immigration, health and safety, working hours, and the environment.
- Use or support child, indentured, involuntary, or prison labor
- Expose workers to unreasonably hazardous, unsafe, or unhealthy conditions.
- Unlawfully discriminate against workers on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Engage in any conduct likely, intending, or appearing to improperly influence any Lactalis American Group representatives in the performance of their job responsibilities. Bribes, cash payments, and business gifts and entertainment of more than token value are prohibited. Suppliers must refrain from engaging in any conduct that may appear improper or may result in a conflict of interest when viewed from Lactalis American Group’s point of view.
LAG and its suppliers will have workplaces that:
- Are free from harassment, which includes coercive, threatening, abusive, or exploitive conduct or behavior or harassment because of one’s race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Treat all workers fairly, with dignity and respect. Supplier will not prevent workers from choosing to associate (or not) with any group or bargaining collectively (or not), consistent with applicable laws.
- Pay wages that meet or exceed legal and industry standards.
- Employ workers who are legally authorized to work in the United States under federal and any other applicable laws. Each employer is required to receive and review documentation proving such work authorization from each worker before jobs are assigned.
LAG and its suppliers will:
- Comply with the provisions of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977, as amended. Money, or anything else of value, will not be provided to any agent or representative of any government or government agency in order to obtain or retain business.
- Act with reasonable diligence to ensure that any of its contractors, subcontractors, manufacturing facilities, labor providers, agents, agencies, associations, distributors, partner organizations, suppliers, affiliated companies, or subsidiaries who are involved in Lactalis American Group business, also comply with this Code of Conduct.
LAG Suppliers will:
- Allow Lactalis American Group, or a third party auditor selected by Lactalis American Group, to audit Suppliers’ compliance with this Code of Conduct.
Violations of this Code of Conduct will be reported.
LAG WMBE mission statement
The Lactalis American Group Minority & Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) Program is committed to the growth and development of minority- and women-owned companies, particularly those that operate within its communities. Through this program, we will seek to identify and use suppliers that share our commitment.
Lactalis Heritage Dairy bears no responsibility for the compliance, accuracy or content of any third-party websites linked to from its website.